Thursday, August 20, 2009

- We Are Family

As many of you know, I'm kinda orphaned at this stage of my life. Don't want to play the violin here or feel sorry for myself, but ..... uh, my family's all, like, dead! Or never born! Parents gone, grandparents gone, aunts & uncles all gone (my parents married late so everyone in my family was kinda old...), no siblings...yada, yada.

I've been somewhat of a lone ranger in my life, even though I've been privileged to know tons of people through singing in lots of different venues...but these tons of people aren't close friends - they're just acquaintances.

So I'm realizing that - hey! I'm not self-sufficient! I need you guys! Not in a needy, draining way, but God creates us to be in families and in community, and I'm learning to appreciate that more and more each day. And now, with this cancer scare (although I'm not afraid - just sobered by it), I realize even more that I need to be in community. Tag! You're it! :)

And hopefully, I'll be as faithful to be there for each one of you as you are wonderfully showing that you are there for me.

Together for the advancing of His Kingdom,

Wendy




5 comments:

  1. Your Wednesday morning Bible study is your family. You have many sisters! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your adventures in Hawaii. You are great at what you do and how you do it! You will succeed, I know you will! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! But which Wendy are you? Wendy M or Wendy G? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is Wendy M - are you travelling the world & when do you leave? I wish I was in Montreal to buy some of your stuff. Lots of luck from Wendy M's MOM............♥

    Take care & God Bless you & your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.K. Wendy, I fixed it so my last name would show. I always forget how many Wendys there are in our circle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! I think I was the only Wendy in all my years of high school! And now we're all lumped together in the same place. Good to hear from you, Wendy's mom! You just tell Wendy what stuff you want, and I'm sure she won't mind driving it down to you one weekend...you're not all that far!!!

    ReplyDelete