Thursday, August 20, 2009

- Wendy's Wanderings....


Welcome! Welcome to my new blog! There's lots of room for comments, so please feel free to post your thoughts or just say hi. :)

For those of you I haven't seen in awhile, here's the scoop:
All summer, I've been getting ready to join YWAM - Youth With A Mission - to go into missions full time, and go on staff in Kona, Hawaii for a few months to teach English to a mixed class of believers and unbelievers. Very exciting stuff!

I just completed an intense TESL - Teaching English as a Second Language - course and am now certified to teach English. My certificate is recognized internationally, so that's cool!

I was all set to go to Kona at the end of August. I've rented out my apartment for September 1st, I've sold lots of my stuff, I've bought my luggage...

....and as of yesterday, I've been diagnosed with breast cancer. Hmph! I am not impressed! This is not convenient timing! But it is going to be interesting to see how God gets the glory in this new turn of events, that's for sure!!!

So, instead of boarding a plane next week for points south, I'll be meeting the doctor on Thursday, August 27 at 7:30 am to discuss the upcoming surgery and follow-up chemo/radiation/yada yada.

Life is fragile! Handle with prayer! Join me on my journey as we see what God has around the corner!

Love to you all,

Wendy


4 comments:

  1. Hey Wendy,

    what can I say, what do you say when someone says they have breast cancer? I'll tell you what I told my cousin; I will pray for you! I know that sounds all Chritiany..but I am a Chritian and God has shown me that is the first thing I need to do. I won't just say I will...I will! If you need anything else, you know where I am...please let me know what I can do.

    Love,

    Johanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting us travel this road together with you. I have found that as friends share what God is taking them through we are ach blessed to come along. This way we are more passionately in prayer for each other and praise God whereever he takes us. I thank the Lord for this opportunity to trust him with you.

    Do give us an update as soon as you can.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take it from me, a breast cancer "survivor" two years and counting.....you can do this. God will see you through it and lots of prayers will go up for you. Find your strength in him. If you need any moral support with you at the hospital, I would be happy to go with you. You are truly in good hands at the Jewish Hospital. They will take such good care of you. I hope you get my surgeon, Dr. Basik. He's a real gem. I'm here for you in any way that I can be.

    Love and prayers,

    Wendy G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Wendy,

    I am praying for you and your doctors and you and others will certainly see God's glory as you travel where He leads you!
    Love Karen

    ReplyDelete