Saturday, September 5, 2009

- Wendy's Missionary Poem


My mother wrote this for me back in the 80s - even way back then, I was planning to go into missions. Hmm....it's taking me awhile, isn't it? Well, Lord willing, I'll get there one day...


Wendy's Missionary Poem


Now it's very, very scary to become a missionary

'Cause you never know where you may have to go

God might send you down to Cuba, to Australia or Aruba

Or away up north to land of ice and snow


And if that is where you are, without aeroplane or car

Then be sure you won't have any sanitation

And it won't be very nice when the pot is full of ice

And you have to cope with chronic constipation


If you're not away up there, and you're not away down under

Then you might be sent away across the sea

Where the marijuana grows, and where everybody knows

We confiscate their coffee and their tea


Of course, you could be sent out west - maybe that would be the best

'Cause it's later by the clock when you are here

But with the slightest motion, the coast may slide into the ocean

Leave you hanging by your nails in the thin air


So you see, there's not much choice, but with you we will rejoice

For you wanted to be poor, deprived and free

And I don't feel too bereaved; I'm just happy and relieved

That God has chosen you to go, not ME!!



No comments:

Post a Comment