Wednesday, July 28, 2010

- How I Spent My Summer Vacation


Ooh, do you remember those essays in elementary school? I don't recall too much from my early years as a student, but that classic essay "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" was pretty much standard fare for students in North American schools, right?

Well, I'm having a fabulous time at the Jewish General Hospital Radiation Resort. Such fun! The staff is very attentive and friendly . . .


















. . . and very multi-cultural! Left to right: Lisa is Italian, Dennis is Mauritian, Joseph is Greek and Miller is Haitian. What a crew! There are usually two of them helping me get set up on the "suntanning bed". Ahhh, what a life!

And here are some of the guests . . .


















Claire, Ross, me, and Yvano! As you'll see, Ross & I are modeling the Radiation Resort's custom gowns. Ross is wearing a very nice blue number with small, dark blue dots, while I'm sporting a rather gray gown with dark spots.

Both models of gowns, as well as many other styles, are available in the changing rooms and we are free to choose a different one every day, if we like. Why, it's fabulous, darling!

 
















Here's a close-up of Miller & I. He's one cool dude, I tell you! I posted this pic on my Facebook page and a couple of girls went wild! They told me they wished they were at the Radiation Resort so they could get a little closer to Miller. Eat your hearts out, ladies!!!



















And finally, here's my faithful husband, George, who often chauffeurs me to the Radiation Resort (as guests, we visit every day but we don't actually sleep there). Although George enjoys the Resort and chats with the other guests, he chooses not to use the suntanning beds. I guess he wants me to have that privilege all to myself! (Ah, but he doesn't know what he's missing . . .)

Well, as you can see, my hair is really growing in! Now, don't start any false rumours that I used to be brunette before I went bald, but now I'm a blonde...it's all from a bottle! Yep, I bleached it as it was growing back, because it was coming in rather, er, white! 

I mean, before I went bald, it was white, but it was always dyed. But it was weird to see it growing in completely white! So for now I'm a blonde. 

_____________________________________________________

Well, keep a song in your heart . . .






















Stay young . . .
 




















And keep close to those who love you!
















Until next time!

Love, Wendy



7 comments:

  1. Wendy you are amazing!!!.
    Your life adventures are an optimistic and blessed journey.
    Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always Wendy, very funny and uplifting. By the way...love the new look!

    Hugs,

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fab with that hair! Honestly, you look much better than the last time I saw you....Your like brighter and dare I say....younger! Keep up that positive attitude as it seems to be working amazingly well for you!
    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy, You inspire me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a joy to catch up with you here on your blog. I'm so happy to hear they are treating you so well at the radiation department. How's Dr. Muanza? He's so cool. You are looking so fabulous and I love the blonde hair on you. Pretty soon you'll be noticing the curls. You'll soon have all these treatments behind you. Keep inspiring and keep making us all laugh. Love you girl. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all of you for your wonderful, encouraging words. It's so special to read these - I'm very grateful you've taken time to post your thoughts! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just returend from vacation in the Okanagan to find your blog again - thrilled!
    This one is particularly terrific and I have not seen George in so many years.
    You both look wonderful!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete