Friday, October 22, 2010

- No Longer Loopy


Yep, so this past Wednesday, October 20/10, I got unlooped. I'm now unloopy. No Longer Loopy. Sounds like a brand-name shampoo, doesn't it?

Anyways, so if you don't understand this title, you should look on the right sidebar, scroll down, and find my previous posting entitled "I'm Loopy". Read that, then come back here and everything I'm saying today will suddenly make sense.
 
So I showed up at 7:30 am like they told me to and changed into my surgery costume, which they insist you wear when you get surgery. It's kinda like Hallowe'en, only it's, er, not.






















The hat is completely superfluous, when you think about it. I mean, it just looks dopey & a nurse told me after an hour or so that I didn't need to wear it, even though the gown-hand-er-out-er told me I did. So I took it off cuz I don't like looking dopey...who does?

Anyways, so they took out my loopy Port-A-Cath & put in my new, unloopy Port-A-Cath. The surgeon was going to put in the new one on my right side instead of my left, to avoid the risk of possible infection, but as it turns out, one of her colleagues said there wasn't really a significant risk, so she put it in on the same side. Which is good! It means I don't have yet another scar.  

Yep, so like I said, I was at the hospital at 7:30 am, and they finally took me around 1 pm. Sigh. Lots of ODS (One Day Surgery) patients ahead of me. Oh, well - no complaints...it's free! Thank you, Quebec Medicare! Thank you, socialized medicine! Thank you, Quebec taxpayers! Waiting around for a few hours is a small inconvenience so no worries.

















Hey, check this out! One of my FB friends says she went to France for a Lance Armstrong-type event & ended up writing my name in the sand as a sign she was thinking of me. Sweet, eh? That's a yellow Lance Armstrong Livestrong bracelet sitting there on the sand in the middle. 

I wonder if it's one of those photoshopped deals she did, and she just made up the story about her being in France? Oh, well, it doesn't matter...it's the thought that counts! I guess I'm a little cynical cuz I found this way cool website where you can do stuff like that.






















You just choose a frame like this window box, then add your photo, et voila! It looks like Timmy-In-A-Windowbox. The website is www.imagechef.com - very cute.






















See? I wrote "I like to blog" in this sandy pic. Kinda fun, right? 

Anyways, in other news, Timmy the Cat got a manicure a few weeks ago. We have some leather furniture & he managed to put a few good gouges in it, so rather than declawing him, we opted for "Soft Paws". 
 
It's these cute little caps you glue on their front claws so that they can't destroy your furniture, woodwork, etc. It's painless & they last about six weeks. 


















He's looking pretty mad in this pic - this is when we first put them on - and he acted really funny when he first started walking with them, but now he's used to it. He can't ruin our furniture, and when he scratches on the wooden door to come in from downstairs, it sounds kinda like chalk on a blackboard as the plastic squeaks against the wood.

They come in all kinds of fun colors like hot pink, green, blue, purple, etc., but to save his dignity, we decided on black. I think he would have felt ridiculous sporting hot pink claws.


















He doesn't look too thrilled here, but he's totally used to them, now...he doesn't even notice it at all...just bites at them a bit once in awhile. As the claws grow longer, you just clip them off & apply a new set. We got 40 for around $11.95 from Hong Kong. Pretty cool, huh?


















Well, that's my news! I've got another six gigs or so coming up....Montreal....Alexandria.... Brockville....Toronto.... So I'm resting up, doing lots of online marketing, for my music & comedy, and looking forward to treatment being over and done with in February 2011...only six Herceptin treatments to go! Once every three weeks isn't all that bad, right? 

And then maybe I'll do a world tour, like Celine Dion! Or maybe I'll just take a nap. We'll see what I'm in the mood for by February 2011. So stay tuned! You never know just what's going to happen in my exciting, Adventures-With-Wendy-life, now, do you? :)

Blessings to all of you!

Wendy









































6 comments:

  1. I never knew about these "cap nails" that timmy is wearing - great idea.
    Also, where and when are yu playing in Toronto?
    I want to tell my friend Anne.
    Have a grreat weekend Wen - regards to George.
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie, unfortunately, the Toronto gig is a private one - I'm gonna get the opportunity to make 100 staff & volunteers laugh a little. Should be fun! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. YA, i played that game with my childhood friends...loop de loop. boy did we get all tangled up. I see what you mean - ha ha.

    i am glad that the mini day surgery went well and they did not have to use the other side.

    take care sweetie, hello to timmie and george. love ya lots.

    Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my you are so freakin funny ....I love you my Queen xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I'm a Queen, then you're a Princess, stiletto!!! Love you 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wendy, I'm happy you found my blog since it led me to yours as well! I didn't realize you are also a breast cancer survivor who has traveled a similar path with the mastectomy and chemo stuff. It's quite a journey isn't it? I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete